Raising Money for Charity
Motor Neurone Disease
- MND is a rapidly progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects the brain and the spinal cord. It attacks the nerves that control movement; people can still think and feel, but their muscles refuse to work.
- MND kills one person every eight hours in the UK. Over 6,000 people are affected by MND in the UK alone.
- There is currently no known cure. However recent medical advances mean that a number of clinical drug trials are being undertaken around the world.
- There is currently no Government funding to support MND and income for Research and patient support comes from voluntary donations.
- MND Association has invested over £9.5 million pounds to 36 research projects.
Cycling for Bryan - Raising Money for Charity